The overall objective of the project is to support the relevance, quality, modernization and responsiveness of MA/MSc curricula on water governance and water diplomacy offered by HEIs of Central Asian countries.
The project will help partner universities to establish conditions for the training of a new generation of managers and decision-makers for the water sector of Central Asia, including water diplomats, who can help resolve problems accumulated in the last three decades and effectively address new challenges, in particular climate change and water stress, through fostering cross-disciplinary, cross-sector and crosscountry dialogues. The project will build capacities needed to promote and implement integrated water resources management, as well as adaptive water governance, strengthen regional cooperation and achieve more effective mobilization and utilization of private investment and international assistance. Experts participating in the project will update and introduce innovative elements in existing curricula or create new innovative curricula for MA/MSc programmes, inspired by European best practices and adapted to regional conditions and requirements. The project will allow Central Asian universities to develop high quality programs to train a new generation of managers and decision makers for the water sector with the support of EU partner universities, local and international organizations and stakeholders.
The updating of existing or the development of new curricula for Central Asian universities to facilitate the training of a new generation of water governance experts and water diplomats, with support by DA MFA KR, Corvinus University Budapest (CUB) as Associated Partner, in cooperation with IHE Delft (IHEDELFT), the University of Bergamo (UB), Kazakh-German University (DKU) and the University of Reims (URCA), would offer significant benefits in water management.
The revised or new teaching materials would present the problems and interests of every country in a balanced way and describe in a convincing manner the advantages of innovative green approaches and regional cooperation on water.
An inclusive and open discussion of key strategic problems of the region by students of partner universities would help strengthen a culture of open democratic scholarly debate and civil society participation.
Developing agreed, harmonized curricula for the universities of all five countries would facilitate student mobility among Central Asian universities and their EU partner institutions.
Thanks to the integration of research and discussions on issues of regional water resources management in the MA/MSc programmes and the regional programme for continuous professional development and research, Central Asian universities and their European partners would develop a broad network for research and scientific innovation.
The new courses would increase the employability and open up attractive career opportunities for the graduates, who could combine work in the water sector with appointments in other public sectors such as in the ministries of foreign affairs, economy or the environment, in the private sector, regional organizations and institutions, postings abroad, work at specialized agencies of the UN or other international organizations and development partners. The water sector would be able to attract the brightest and most motivated young people again.
|1||Chinara Adamkulova, Rector of the Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.||Chinara.email@example.com|
|2||Dr. Jenniver Sehring, Associated professor of management of water resources and diplomacy of IHE Delft Institute for Water Education, the Netherlandsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Dr. Filippo Menga, Associated professor of geography of University of Bergamo, Italy||dr. email@example.com|
|4||Dr. Jean-Paul Deroin, Earth sciences department of University of Reims, Champagne-Ardenne, France||dr. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Askaraliev Bakyt – Head of the Department of Land Reclamation and Water Resources Management, Associate Professor KNAUemail@example.com|
|6||Alexey Volkov – Director of the Institute of Diplomacy of the Academy of the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan||Alexey.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|7||Barbara Janusz-Pawletta, Vice President for International Cooperation and Sustainability, Kazakh-German University (DKU), Kazakhstanemail@example.com|
|8||Saltanat Meiramova, Head of department KATUfirstname.lastname@example.orgSaltatnat|
|9||Gulnur Issabekova, Head of the Centre for International Cooperation, M.Kh. Dulati Taraz Regional University, Kazakhstanemail@example.com|
|10||Khudonazarova Madina, Head of department Tajik Agrarian University named after Shirinshoh Shohtemurfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|11||Shamsiddin Khojaev, Head of department, Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Tajikistanemail@example.com|
|12||Sheker Ashirmuradova, Head of the Department of Ecology, Turkmen State University named after. Magtymgulyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|13||Babageldi Kurbanov, Head of department Integrated water resources management, Turkmen Agricultural Instituteemail@example.com|
|14||Gulnoza ISMAILOVA, Vice-Rector for Science and Innovation, Doctor of Law Sciences,University of World Economy and Diplomacy University of World Economy and Diplomacyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|15||Abdulkhakim Salokhiddinov, Vice Rector for International Cooperation, Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization Engineers National Research Universityemail@example.com|
Organizational structure of the project:
- The project will be managed by Rector Adamkulova Chinara. The programs will be managed by the heads of the departments.
- Water Diplomacy Program – Head of the Department of International Relations, Professor Ainura Dzhorobekova, who will supervise the professors in developing the new program “Water Diplomacy”
- Water Management program – Head of International Management Department, Associate Professor Guldana Alybaeva, who will supervise professors in development of new “Water Management” program.
- Also on the team are international department staff members Abdyldaeva Farizat and Aitbayev Jorobay, who are responsible for communications, correspondence, organizational issues – booking airfare, hotels, selecting a catering company, finding a translation company for simultaneous translation.
- Accountant Elmira Dzhuzumkulova – keeps track of budget spending, distribution of the budget among all participants of the project.
- Tobokel Talaibekov – engineer, responsible for technical work of the project.
- All of the UniBG staff working on this project are based at the Department of Foreign Languages, Literatures and Cultures.
- The project will be led and managed by Filippo Menga, Associate Professor of Geography.
- Prof Menga is joined by six colleagues based in the department. Three of them – Patrizia Anesa, Larissa D’Angelo and Cinzia Spinzi – are Associate Professors in English Language and Translation, and will jointly lead, together with Filippo Menga, WP4, while also participating to field visits, project meetings and seminars.
- Other members of the team are: Elena Bougleux, Associate Professor of Anthropology; Ornella Discacciati, Associate Professor of Slavic Studies; Marica Fasolini, Researcher of Slavic Studies. They will contribute to the activities of the project by participating to field visits, project meetings and seminars.
- At the administrative level, the main contact person at UniBG’s research office is Damiana Curti, who is supported by Leonardo Locatelli and Michela Pozzi.
- Jon Marco Church Senior expert
- Stéphane Betoulle Senior expert
- Jean-Paul Deroin Senior expert
- Jessy Jaunat Associate professor
- The project is managed by Barbara Janusz-Pawletta, Vice-President on International relations and Sustainable Development, the member of the Steering Committee of the project.
- The technical coordination of the project is provided by Yuliya Borissova, PhD, fellow at the Center for Natural Resources and Sustainability.
- The programs on Water Diplomacy and Water resource management is coordinated by Larissa Kogutenko, “Integrated water resources management” Master’s Program coordinator, CRS Water and Climate Lab coordinator
- The project activities related to Upgrading faculty skills and teaching methods, Upgrading proficiency in English for faculty and students, Development of a regional programme for continuous professional development and research (water resources management and water diplomacy) to strengthen sustainability is coordinated by Altynai Yespembetova, Knowledge Space Coordinator & Central Asian Journal of Water Research (CAJWR) and the Central Asian Journal of Sustainability and Climate Research Scientific Managing Editor as well as Iskandar Abdullayev, Expert in water management, water institutions, environmental activities.
- The activities related to the Dissemination of the project results will be managed
- 1. Aitzhan Abdyrov Expert
- 2. Dani Sarsekova Expert Work on project tasks, including the development of regulatory documents Institutional coordinator
- 3. Sara Kitaibekova Senior expert Coordinator of International Cooperation of Forestry, Wildlife and Environment Faculty
- 4. Nurgul Kazangapova Expert Associated Professor of Forest Resources and Forestry Department Work on project tasks, including the development of regulatory documents
- 5. Galymjan Abduramanov Researcher/ teacher Work on project tasks, including the development of regulatory documents
- 6. Aida Yesmurzayeva Researcher/teacher Technical staff Technical staff Work on project tasks in the field of IT development managing of website content
- 7. Gulnara Kaltayeva Expert
- The project will be managed by the project coordinator, Head of the Center for International Cooperation – Gulnur Issabekova.
- Kenzhegali Shilibek – Director of the Institute of Water Management and Environmental Management, training of undergraduates, personnel training, development and implementation of new educational programs.
- Mikhail Sennikov – Professor of the Department of “Water Resources”, Institute of “Water Management and Environmental Management”, training of master students, personnel training, development and implementation of new educational programs.
- Galiya Omarova – Associate Professor of the Department of “Water Resources”, Institute of “Water Management and Environmental Management”, training of master students, personnel training, development and implementation of new educational programs.
- Venera Rakhymbekova – Head of the sector of international programs and grants, preparation of project documentation, dissemination of information on the project, preparation of reports.
- The project is managed by rector Rysbek Nurgaziev.
- The coordination of the project Ainura Batykova, candidate of technical sciences (PhD), associate professor.
- The programs will be managed on Water Diplomacy and Water resource management are coordinated by Bakyt Askaraliev – head of the department “Land reclamation and water resources management”, candidate of technical sciences (PhD), associate professor, the member of the Steering Committee of the project.
- Accountant will be managed by Gulay Chekirova, monitoring the budget use, income and expenses, ensuring the correct accrual and timely transfer of payments.
- Renat Duisheev- technical staff: dissemination and support of the website; installation and maintenance of servers, computers and office equipment; technical support with some software.
- Ikromova Sarvinoz Zafarovna Senior expert
- Karamalishov Karamalisho Nuralishovich Senior expert
- Odinaev Boymurod Jalilovich Senior Expert
- Ismatullozjda Fariddun Senior Expert
- Rakhmonzoda Dilovar Rakhmon Administrativ e personnel
- Mirzoev Saidamir Suhrobovich Technical personnel
- Karaev Ziyodullo Adviser
- Sattorov Shahriyor Senior expert
- Ismoilov Maksadullo Expert
- Ramonova Sabohat Administrative personnel
- Saidjoni MuzaffarshoTechnical staff
- System Administrat or IT specialist
- Babageldi Kurbanov Senior expert
- Shageldi Nurgeldiyev Teacher
- Shatlyk Pygamov Teacher
- Gozel Gurbangulyyeva Administrative personnel
- Yusupbay Ermetov Technical staff
- Sheker Ashirmuradova Senior expert
- Hamrayev Gapurjan Senior expert
- Durdyyeva Shirin Teacher
- Garahanov Wepa Teacher
- Gochumova Sayat Teacher
- Gapbargulyyeva Suray Teacher
- Nazarova Ogulnur Teacher
- Jumayev Begli Technical staff
- Salokhiddinov Abdulkhakim Senior expert Project team leader Vice-Rector for
- Ziganshina Dinara Senior expert
- Mamatov Sabitjon – Senior Teacher \Lecturer
- Mirzaqobilov Jahongir Teacher\Assistant Professor
- Khakimova Poshoazima-Junior expert